Excellence in Agriculture
The Excellence in Agriculture award spotlights agricultural enthusiasts who have not earned a majority of their income from production farming in the past three years. Competitors are evaluated on their understanding of agricultural issues, leadership experiences and achievement, and their ability to communicate their agricultural story.
2016 Winner: Brad and Jenna Davis, Wright County
- Application due in September
- Presentation given at the MFBF Annual Meeting in November
- Winner represents Minnesota at the national competition at the AFBF Annual Meeting in January
- $500 (runner-up $250) sponsored by Gislason & Hunter
- Trip to AFBF Annual Convention
- Trip to Farmers to Washington D.C.
- Registration and lodging to MFBF Leadership Conference