Mission: To provide opportunities for supporters of agriculture to invest in people and programs that promote agriculture and the environment through safety training, agricultural education and leadership training.
Who We Are...
The Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation is an exciting venture with a mission to strengthen rural Minnesota and its people. The Foundation will fund projects that tell agriculture's story. Quite often the projects funded will be cooperative ones developed by Farm Bureau, commodity organizations and others in agriculture. The Foundation will also fund projects that help develop new leaders for agriculture and help farm families improve their management and marketing skills.
The Foundation is organized under IRS Code 501(c)3. Contributions are deductible as allowed by law.
Monies contributed will be targeted at developing the following:
- To provide scholarships for persons studying agriculture.
- To promote educational programs which result in greater conservation of natural resources.
- To promote a better understanding of agricultural issues.
- For programs and activities which will prepare young farmers to become more effective leaders in their local communities.
- For rural young people's programs which foster a better understanding of agricultural issues and safety precautions.
- For the improvement of farm management skills and leadership abilities in young farmers.
- To promote research into local and national issues which have an impact on Minnesota farming.
- To educate thousands of children and adults across Minnesota.
Foundation Contributions Support Agriculture
- Minnesota Ag in the Classroom
- Minnesota Ag Ambassador Institute
- Minnesota Ag Literacy Institute
- Minnesota Agriculture & Rural Leadership Program
- Minnesota Association of Ag Educators
- Minnesota Beef Expo
- Minnesota FFA Foundation
- Minnesota 4-H Foundation
- Minnesota State Fair - Barn Tours
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association
- Red River Valley Emerging Leadership Program
- U of M Ag Awareness Camp