When it comes to advocacy, your voice is stronger when you're part of the Minnesota Farm Bureau.
With policy constantly changing, having a respected voice at the table looking out for our membership makes all the difference.
For more than 100 years, MFBF has been the trusted voice for Minnesota farm and ranch families. Our dynamic strength stems from our members at the grassroots level, brought together with elected officials, government agencies and others by our dedicated leadership and staff to address key issues in agriculture and find solutions to help farming and rural Minnesota thrive. The grassroots policy development process helps amplify member's voices, and provide implementation of solutions that can make a difference.
Contact your county Farm Bureau to learn more and how to get involved. Local issue surfacing meetings typically take place in the summer, before being voted on in the fall. Approved proposals are advanced to the state level at the MFBF Annual Meeting, where they are acted on by the voting delegates to guide Farm Bureau on our legislative actions for the upcoming year.
By the numbers:
- In 2022, MFBF testified more than 25 times at the State Capitol.
- More than 70 member stories were shared with elected officials.
- 14 elected officials, including Governor Tim Walz, attended the 103rd MFBF Annual Meeting.
- In 2022, 32 members visited Washington D.C. as part of the Farmers to D.C. trips.
- Nearly 65 members representing 44 counties attended the 2022 MFBF Council of County Presidents. There were also 38 legislators in attendance.
- 238 interviews were conducted by members across the state to make recommendations to the State PAC Committee for the 2022 fall election.