Being a member of Farm Bureau provides a variety of opportunities for you to engage and connect.
- County Board - Join a meeting at the county level, or serve on the county board of directors.
- Promotion & Education Committee - All members are invited to serve on the Promotion & Education Committee at the county level, supporting the outreach efforts of the committee. There are also opportunities to serve on the statewide committee.
- Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee - Members ages 18-35 are invited to serve on the Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee at the county level, supporting the outreach efforts of the committee. There are also opportunities to serve on the statewide committee.
- Candidate Evaluation Committee - Hosted every other year, members conduct interviews with major party candidates to make recommendations for potential endorsements in upcoming elections.
- Day on the Hill - Join members from across the state in bringing agriculture's story to the Capitol.
- Farmers to D.C. - Twice a year MFBF members are invited to travel to Washington, D.C. to meet with elected officials and other leaders and share their stories.
- FFA Discussion Meet - FFA members take part in regional-level competitions, with winners advancing to the state competition as part of the state FFA Convention in April.
- Collegiate Discussion Meett - Collegiate-age members take part in competitions held at universities and colleges across the state, with winners advancing to the state competition held during the annual LEAP Conference.
- YF&R Discussion Meet - Members ages 18-35 take part in the competition held annually during the LEAP Conference, with the Top 8 advancing to the final rounds as part of the MFBF Annual Meeting in November. The winner of the November competition advances to represent Minnesota at the annual AFBF Convention.
- Achievement Award Competition - Members ages 18-35 can compete in the Achievement Award contest, which recognizes members who have excelled on their farm or ranch.
- Excellence in Agriculture Competition - Members ages 18-35 can compete in the Excellence in Agriculture contest, which spotlights members who are agricultural enthusiasts but do not earn a majority of their income from farming or ranching.
- The Herd - Members ages 18-23 are invited to participate in this year-long program, sharing their agriculture story through social media and other platforms.
The American Farm Bureau Federation offers a variety of options for members to engage and grow.
- GO Team - Members of the GO Team serve as grassroots advocates for agriculture with the media at the state and national levels.
- PAL Program - This program focuses on growing the skills of younger members through industry knowledge, message development, message delivery, policy engagement a interpersonal skills.
- Women's Communications Bootcamp - This intensive four-day course features hands-on sessions related to public speaking, working with the media and messaging.
- Ag Day Gala - Hosted by the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation, this annual event held in March brings together individuals in all aspects of agriculture in Minnesota for a celebration of its contributions to the economy.
- Campaign School - Held every other year, this event provides an opportunity for those interested in running for office to learn more about the process and keys to being successful.
- Foundation Golf Scramble - Hosted by the Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation, this annual event held in June raises funds to support the Foundation and its outreach efforts across the state.
- LEAP Conference - This annual conference hosted by the Promotion & Education Committee and Young Farmers & Ranchers Committee provides leadership and advocacy training for all members.
- MFBF Annual Meeting - This annual event is held every November, bringing together members and industry experts to discuss the top issues facing agriculture. It also serves as the culmination of the grassroots policy development process, with members voting on policy and setting priorities for the upcoming year.
- Minnesota State Fair - Members can volunteer to work at the MFBF booth on the Fairgrounds, sharing their agriculture story.