The Minnesota Farm Bureau Leadership, Education, Advocacy and Promotion (LEAP) Conference is designed to provide leadership and advocacy training for all Farm Bureau members.
During the two day conference, attendees have the opportunity to take deep dives into agriculture issues during breakout sessions hosted by topic experts, develop their advocacy toolkit, participate in leadership and professional development experiences and expand their agriculture network by connecting with other members and leaders from across the state. There are also pre-conference tours, connecting attendees to agriculture and businesses located in the host city, and a service project in which members can give back to a unique community-based organization.
The conference is planned and hosted by the Promotion & Education and Young Farmers & Ranchers Committees.
We look forward to seeing you in 2023 as we head to Grand Casino Hinckley in Pine County, Jan. 27-28. Cost of a double queen room is $119 using the MFBF group rate.
Plastech Corporation - A diversified custom manufacturer of high-quality injection-molded components and fully assembled products. They have been delivering shipments to customers throughout North America with steady expansion, financial stability, and investment in the community for almost 60 years with a single owner, Dennis Frandsen.
Janssen Performance Horses - Janssen Performance Horses specializes in cutting and cow horse disciplines. Trainer Bob Janssen has more than 20 years experience and $100,000 in lifetime earnings.
- Hot Topics in Public Policy: Sustainability – Zak Miller, Idaho Farm Bureau; Carolyn Olson, Minnesota Farm Bureau; TBD
- Preparing for the Next Animal Disease Outbreak – Dr. Marion Garcia, Minnesota Board of Animal Health
- Words to Lose and Words to Choose – Johnna Miller, American Farm Bureau Federation
- Grassroots Advocacy 101 – Pierce Bennett and Kaytlin Bemis, Minnesota Farm Bureau
- Building a Legacy: Farm Succession Planning – Paul Lanoue
- Connecting with Urban Agriculture – Patrice Bailey, Minnesota Department of Agriculture
- My Lake: Lessons from Red Lake – Missy Dodds
Farm Bureau Market
This year, we will also be hosting the Farm Bureau Market. The market gives you a chance to have a booth and connect with members while promoting your product.